Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

Not sure how the last 5 weeks have gotten away from me, but here we are only 7 days before Christmas, so I figured I better update this blog so I don't have a bazillion pictures to post next week.

Trimming the Tree:
Alexis loves everything about Christmas, and somehow talked Justin into putting up our tree the day after Thanksgiving. Usually we wait until a couple weeks before just because we hate getting everything out, but it's been fun having the tree up for so long. 

Kyle could care less if we had a tree and was nowhere to be seen most of the afternoon, but my girls loved every minute of it. 

Makenna was enthralled by the Christmas lights, and once the ornaments got on the tree I think she's been told NO a million times every day. Thankfully the past few days she has learned to just go up as close to the tree as possible, but she doesn't touch anything now. Thank goodness. 

Christmas Card Pictures
Holy Cow, I can't even tell you how difficult it was to get pictures taken for my Christmas cards this year.  I tried so many times, and every time the weather wouldn't cooperate, or Makenna decided to be supergirl and push our gate down the stairs and falling down with it (and cutting her entire upper gum and lip in the process), etc... I finally decided to go do it early in the morning one day before anything could change our plans and it was freezing cold, but my kids were troopers.

I couldn't pick my favorite between these two pics of Alexis, it just amazes me how old my baby girl is getting. 


Getting all three of my kids to smile and look at the camera might just be the hardest thing ever, and this was literally the only one of all three of them that worked.

Santa's letter:
Alexis was so excited to write her letter to Santa this year. I think more than anything because her handwritting and spelling has improved so much and she could really write him a letter all by herself. Good thing she sent it early too, because last week Santa's elf made a special delivery just for her (a secret letter and a yummy bag of chocolate mints). 

Boulter Family Christmas Party:
My favorite tradition growing up was the Boulter Family Christmas Party, and I'm so thankful that we have been able to keep that tradition going for my kids to experience. As stressful as it is coordinating a party for 35 plus people now, somehow we pulled off the best Christmas Party ever this year.  We decorated cookies, had WAY too much food, acted out the nativity, had a white elephant gift exchange, and Santa dropped by to entertain (I mean make fun of all the adults) and give the kids new pajamas for Christmas Eve.  

Kyle and McKadin are like two peas in a pod, well really two superheroes in a batcave is more like it.  They may be like fire and ice, but they sure have a fantastic time when they are with each other. 

It's a rare thing that I can get Justin to take a "good" smiling picture with me. I think this might be one of my new favorites. 

Here is our little Nativity cast

Owen probably had the best reaction to Santa ever!!! He was freaking out, jumping up and down and could not stop smiling the entire time.

Alexis loves Santa and gives him the biggest hugs every year.

Kyle could not staring at him and just had this cheesy smile the whole time he was sitting on his lap.

Makenna on the otherhand may be having nightmares of this for a long time to come.

All the kids loved Santa, and so did the adults. I caught more than one of them wiping their eyes from laughing so hard. 

We have had a fantastic December so far, and my kids can hardly wait for all the fun this week.

I have to put one more picture up of the star of the night.  I love this little man, he is so funny, has the cutest chubby little cheeks and this picture is sure to make you smile.



No comments: