Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Is it Really Christmas?

This year didn't seem like Christmas at all to me...it might of been because on Christmas Eve my daughter was soaking in the sun and jumping on the trampoline (without a coat).
 To my defense I didn't let her start out without a coat on, but after 15 minutes of doing flips and tricks apparently you get hot, so she talked me into letting her play without a coat. 

After playing outside we made super yummy gingerbread cookies to decorate for Santa.

On Christmas morning Alexis woke up at 7:15am, which I was super thankful for, but I made her come lay in bed with me until Kyle woke up. After 30 minutes of wiggling everywhere she begged and pleaded to "pretty please, tops on sugar pops" let her go wake him up. I heard that Madi woke my Dad and Val up at 3am, so I'm super thankful we got to sleep in until 7:45am.  



Makenna got a Fur-Real puppy from her Grandma and Grandpa Meredith. This little puppy loves to growl and shake his head, so of course that is all you can find Makenna doing now. She was so excited, and I love that I captured this excitement in this picture. 

Alexis' favorite present came in the littlest box. A birthstone cupcake necklace. As you can tell by her expression, she couldn't believe Santa really brought it for her.

Kyle wanted a Thor Hammer more than anything, and was so surprised when he got the hammer and a helmet. He's definitely the cutest little Thor ever. 

We had a fantastic Christmas this year.

I remember when I was little we kept our Christmas tree up for at least 2 weeks and our toys lived in the living room for at least that same amount of time.  You can call me a scrooge, but I needed my house back to normal, so our tree was taken down yesterday and our entire living room was gutted and redecorated. 

 I'm excited to start this next year with a clean slate, and have a New Year's resolution to leave the year with less than we start it with.  Less stuff, less debt, less weight, less stress, just less...I'm really into a simplifying my life right now and this resolution/goal seems absolutely perfect. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love your "less" resolotions. That is very clever to think of that. Happy 2012 Shara! -Kristin