Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day BBQ

Last night we had a BBQ at Adam and Becky's house for Father's Day and I think it's fair to say that everyone had a blast. (some-maybe more than others...but more to that in a minute)

Before we get to the fun, Alexis had a pretty rough day yesterday. She definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was just on one ALL day.  At one point in the day she even packed her bag to run away, and Justin decided to just go along with it. We figured she'd get to the end of our circle and come back, Justin even offered to help make some sandwiches to take with so she had food to eat until the police came to take her to the orphanage.   After an hour of her just sitting on her suitcase trying to decide what to do, she finally decided to apologize and decided that she really didn't want to go live with another family.  I was on the verge of tears all day, because she was just so mad at me and kept telling me what a horrible mom I was. But I wasn't going to let her think it was ok to act this way, and I think (fingers crossed) she learned her lesson.  She was still not super happy when we got to Caleb's and was definitely not in the picture taking mood.

but, eventually decided she was going to be tough and have fun with her cousins. (I'm actually sort of jealous of those guns)

From the second we got there Makenna was off-she was loving being able to crawl around and explore, and taste test all the scrumptious grass


Adam and Becky have a gigantic backyard and Kyle had no choice but to overcome his "fear" of grass, and I think he actually realized that the grass wasn't going to hurt him.


After dinner, I may or may not (I'm still pleading the 5th) of started a water fight that turned into all the kids doing this...
and this....
and then Aunt Becky got smart and did this...
unfortunately the hose was left unattended and turned into chaos when Luke got it

while all this was going on Alyda and Brinley somehow stayed out of the fight and had fun on their own

at the end of the fight my kids looked like this

I'm a little worried about what's going to happen at that next family party, because...I may of given Luke the water bottle to dump on Adam, that may of started all of this, and somehow I left without a sprinkle of water on me.  

We had a lot of fun celebrating Father's Day, and this little girl sure loves her Daddy.



No comments: