Wednesday, August 25, 2010

2 Weeks

...look who's already 2 weeks old...


Makenna is such a little character already and is so alert it just amazes me. She is even starting to hold her head up-which makes me a little sad because I want her to stay my little baby forever.


I think that after 2 weeks together we can offically say that we have a pretty good schedule, and bless her heart she is such a good sleeper. We purposely keep her up until 10:30 or 11pm and then she will sleep until 4am, which is WONDERFUL!!! Having Alexis in school as made us readjust a couple things with her morning schedule, but its all working out great now. For the first time since I came home I actually feel like I can do this three kid thing.

...i am cherishing every single cuddly moment I get with her, and I just love how she still curls her legs up and sticks them under her belly with her cute bum in the air...

...it just melts my heart to see her respond to my voice and smile at me...

...love this little toes, and I'm loving taking more baby pictures than I will ever thought possible...

...did a little happy dance after my two week follow up appointment today... 
To my utter astonishment I have lost 33 pounds since I checked into the hosptial, but I think the best part is that I know I still have water to lose-so yeah!!! I might actually get to my pre-Alexis baby weight before I go back to work.  Only 17 more pounds to go and 6 more weeks. I'm not sure what is going on, I think it might be chasing three kids around all day and drinking a ton of water-but whatever it is I'm not going to change a thing, except maybe next week my stomach muscles will feel good enough to start walking. Ahhh-exercise sounds wonderful-I can't wait.

1 comment:

M'lisa and Mark said...

So so cute Shara!!! I'm so glad everything went well and you're feeling okay! She is soo cute! I love all the captured moments of you and the kids holding her! You're family is perfect! Miss you guys tons and hope all continues to go well :)