Monday, August 23, 2010

Randomness

random photo #1
I can't believe Alexis is in first grade. She was super excited, but also had a ton of butterflies. When I went to pick her up today, the first thing she said was "It wasn's as scary as I thought it would be, and I got to play with Gavin at recess so it made everything better."


random photo #2
Kyle missed his sister so much, he has loved having her home the past couple of weeks and couldn't wait to go pick her up. 

random photo #3
I was taking my camera out to download pictures this morning and just as I was hooking up the USB this little angel started smiling-perfect timing.

random photo #4
Over the weekend I was a little bored and decided to take some pictures of Makenna (shocker, right?). Who knew that a black blanket and a pillow to prop her on on the couch would make such a perfect background. 

random photo #5
I love how after I give her a bath the hair on the top of her head stands straight up and curls, no matter how hard I try to get it to lay flat.  I have a feeling this little girl might just have those famous Boutler curls too, and Grandpa Meredith might finally get a grandchild with some of his red hair-although I'm thinking it's going to be a strawberry blonde.

random photo #6
Before I had Makenna I was really worried about Kyle being jealous of the new baby. But I have to say that he is the sweetest and most gentle little boy with her, and every morning the first thing he does is ask me where Makenna is and then climbs next to her, gives her a kiss and says "Oh Hello Gorgeous". He has definitely taken on the protective big brother role.
...Who knew those Meredith chubby cheeks could grow so much in just 12 days-I have a feeling she might beat her big brother in the chubby cheeks contest...

No comments: