Friday, March 12, 2010

Turning 6

I cannot believe that my baby girl turned 6 this week. She has been counting down the days till’ this birthday since March 10th of last year, so for the last 364 days. Alexis might be turning 6, but in reality she acts like she is turning 16, and yes she’s even starting asking when she gets to drive. Justin and I usually just have to shake our heads at her with 90% of the things that come out of her mouth, and then quickly cover our mouths so she doesn’t see us laugh. She is one hilarious little girl that seriously comes up with the most off the wall things you can even think of.

On Saturday we had a little birthday party with our family for her, hopefully next year things will be calm and we will all be feeling good enough to attempt having a friend party. That was the plan this year, but being the awesome mom that I am, it was the last thing I could even think about. But she was ok with it, as long as her cousins and aunts and uncles could come.
  • Right now she loves anything “cool” and “stylish” and anything that mom doesn’t buy for her (but she did like both of the outfits I bought her for her birthday-I didn’t think it was supposed to be this hard to shop for a girl until they were in Jr. High).
  • Alexis loves Selena Gomez, and spent part of her birthday money on her new CD to play in the CD player she stole out of my workout room. Apparently it’s the cool thing now to have a CD player when your 6. Most nights you can find her in her room jamming out to Hannah Montana, or Selena Gomez and making googly eyes at her 3-D Twilight poster. (Don’t even ask about that one). 
  • Alexis cannot wait to have a little sister and usually sings at least 2 songs a night to her/my belly. She is thrilled to death that I’m really going to use the name she picked for this little ones middle name. It’s going to be so nice having her around to help me.
  • Alexis does love to tattle on herself, about almost anything. 
  • She has gotten the puppy dog eyes thing down and has Justin wrapped around her little finger.
  • She can’t stand that McKadin and Kyle know how to push her buttons…but she’s practically perfected the art of getting them in trouble for doing absolutely nothing. (Yes, just like I did with Tyler). 
  • She will freely admit that she has a crush on a boy named Jonathan in her class and she just got put on a new table and sits right next to him. But she loves to play under the slide at recess with another little boy named Gavin. Playing hard to get apparently.
  • Alexis loves Kindergarten and doesn’t want to go to 1st grade next year because she’ll “never have time to play or to take naps”, and she doesn’t like that Kyle gets to stay home with me and the baby all day while she goes to school. 
Even though she has a little attitude and acts 10 years older than she really is, she is still a 6 year old at heart. She loves her Littlest Pet Shop and she loves learning how to read and cooking with me, and more than anything she is a little cuddle bug that loves to give kisses and hugs to all of us.


(She has been begging me for a CTR ring of her own, and could not believe I got her one. The funny thing is her and Madison were playing with her new Polly Pocket Pool in the bathroom later that night, and hum...the ring apparently went right down the drain.  Alexis was so upset and was in tears, so on Monday we went and bought another ring. Thankfully this one hasn't been lost yet. )

6 years ago I spend 29 ½ hours in labor only to find out that Alexis had her cord wrapped around her neck three times and had it twisted into a double knot. The nurse in the room with us said that she had an angel watching out for her and that this must be one special little girl, and I couldn’t agree more. Alexis tells me all the time that I’m her best friend and I just love her to pieces more and more every day.

I had a couple days off work this week, and I was so glad that one of the days was in the 50's because I opened up all my windows and aired my house out and Kyle loved being able to hang out outside while Alexis was at school.

1 comment:

The DeWaal Family said...

how fun, she does seem older then her age. my due date is Aug.22 when's yours? I was 2 weeks early with grace. so who knows. I hope everything goes okay with your pregnancy, i know you have a hard time. Did you go into fetal photo's or something? Good Luck!