Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Week Off-So Far

So, you would think that since I had a week off work I would relax, stay at home, not do anything. But then you remember that I have to always have something to do and this week has been no different.

Monday: Slept in (Yeah!!!) Downloaded CD's to my IPOD, Didn't get the kiddos breakfast until 10:30am (my bad). Went swimming at Grandma Brenda's pool. Mowed the lawn, pulled weeds, fixed a couple sprinklers, took Alexis for a ride around the neighborhood on the riding lawn mower, watched the Bachelorette season Finale. (Full Day of fun, right)


Tuesday: Scrap Date with Jemina, got 4 layouts finished and had a ton of fun catching up while the girls played and played and played and then decided to climb a huge oak tree. Claire came outside and told me Alexis was in the "Highest Bedroom, in the Highest Tower". When I went to see where she was I honestly couldn't find her in the tree, then I looked up and she was seriously about as high as she could possibly climb in this huge tree, at least 25 feet off the ground. I think my heart skipped about 100 beats seeing how high my baby was and knowing that I couldn't do anything about it. But my little dare devil didn't have one ounce of fear in her eyes, she's officially a little monkey.


When I knew she was safely back on the ground, I convinced them all to come in for lunch. We brought ice cream sandwiches for dessert and the girls loved devouring them, but as soon as they were gone, all three of them were back in the tree. Jemina kept telling me that I have to let her be a kid and if she gets hurt it will only make her stronger. I guess she was right, but still I hated to see my baby so high off the ground with nothing to protect her.


After we picked Kyle up we headed home for another play date with Jamie and her kiddos. It was so hot outside we decided to pull out the little turtle pool, and make our own water slide. After a few minutes I got a brilliant plan and brought down our play gym that was in our toy room. We filled the thing up with water and it created their very own swimming trampoline. They all had so much fun. 3 hours later we finally convinced Taylor and Alexis, who have officially been dubbed our water babies, to get out.


I love the expressions on all of them, you can tell they were just having a blast. Plus I love that I caught Morgan jumping in the air.


Alexis and I then headed to the grocery store and to get her glasses fixed. I figured that since I broke them four days ago, I probably should get them fixed so my daughter can see again. Oh, and I scrapped a little more after Hell's Kitchen and the Bachelorette Special was over. Let's see-I've done 22 pages since Sunday. Not bad. At this rate I'm going to need to make a trip to Roberts and buy a new album this week. :)

You know, after typing everything we've done already this week, you'd think it was time for the weekend again, and to think the week isn't even half over yet.

1 comment:

paxtonfam said...

You go Girl! Wow. I'm impressed with how well you've spent your time! That's what I need to do. Only a few days left till I go back to work myself :)