Friday, May 8, 2009

Another Road Trip

Last Wednesday I was at work in a meeting at 10am, and by Noon I was at my mom's house with all our bags packed and buckling the kids in their car seats all set to go to St. George. Who needs to plan vacations? What's the fun in that? It's so much less stressful deciding to go out of town and leave 90 minutes later.


We had a great time in sunny, warm St. George. Alexis and Kyle loved being able to play with McKadin, Halle, Taya and to see their adorable new little cousin Sophie. We didn't have much planned while we were there, but we sure seemed to stay busy the entire time. My mom and I spent every morning at the hospital visiting my Grandpa. (Someone had to sneak the contraband into the hospital-i.e. Coke Icee's and Cookies) Shhh, don't tell-that's what grand-daughters are for, right? The rest of the time we were either at the park, pool, or on a walk. We definitely took full advantage of the warm weather and had a ton of fun. Oh, and took a ton of pictures-of course-what else would I be doing? Here are a few of my favorites.

Kyle was just chillin' while he watched Justin and Tyler play hoops.


I just love the happiness and excitement in her face.


McKadin is going to break hearts one day. He is such a cutie pie.


Ok, this one is going to break hearts one day. Halle is absolutely adorable.


Kyle and his "eyes", have I mentioned that these go everywhere with us?


I don't think McKadin goes anywhere without his Ben Ten watch. He loved his Echo Echo toy Alexis bought for him, and had to take that with us everywhere too.


She was so excited to get her balloon animal, I think being patient at the park was the hardest thing she had to do.


Alexis sure loves her little Macky, and misses him all the time. She can't wait to go back down in a couple of weeks.

No comments: