Sunday, March 3, 2013

february 2013

February definitely didn't start off on the best foot. Makenna was supposed to get her tonsils out in late January and a couple nights before her surgery I had major anxiety about it, and just had an awful feeling like we should postpone it.   I'm still not sure to this day why I felt that way because Kyle and Alexis have both had a couple of surgeries and I was worried, but never like this. I remember sitting on Makenna's bed with her, just holding her and I just starting crying and shaking and literally saw me at the hospital hearing the doctors tell us that she didn't make it.  The scariest and worst feeling I have ever had in my entire life.  I talked to a couple people the next morning and my mom apparently had the same dream, which all but sealed the deal. I cancelled her surgery five minutes later and literally felt the most overwhelming sense of relief ever. Justin just kept telling me it's better safe than sorry, who knows if anything would of happened, but if something did I would of never forgiven myself.  
A week later Makenna got really sick again, and the doctors basically told me that I had no choice this time, we couldn't wait any longer. The surgeon bumped one of his other patients and got us in a few days later. The craziest part is this time I was worried, just like any parent would be, but I knew that everything would be ok.  

The surgery went ok...they had a really hard time keeping her oxygen levels up and she had a lot of anxiety. They actually called me back to the PACU because after she woke up they could not get her to calm down and thought that maybe I could help. After 30 minutes of uncontrollable anger and freaking out, including hitting me pretty hard and scratching my face they had to sedate her. Within a few seconds she was out. I just held her and let her sleep it off, unfortunately while she was sedated her oxygen dropped again, barely staying in the mid 80's.   They put her on oxygen and took us over to recovery.  Normally tonsil and tube patients are in recovery for 3-4 hours, but we ended being almost double that.  She had a really hard time coming out of it, but slowly we got her back on room air and were able to take her home. It is amazing just 2 weeks later how much better she is sleeping, talking and behaving.  

Kyle had a birthday party on the 16th, and the girls and I thought it would be fun to drive down and pick up McKadin to surprise Kyle. Alexis and Madison are crazy and act just like Kristin and I did in high school, the only difference is they are only 9. It seriously scares me what they are going to be like when they are really 16. 


 
It still amazes me that Kyle is 6 years old.  He is the best little boy in the world, so thoughtful and caring and has the most laid back personality. Halfway through kindergarten he has passed off all his sight words and according to his teacher is the most perfect student. I love that he gets his packet on Monday for the entire week and just sits diligently and does the entire thing, just so it's done (totally something did when I was little).  His best friend is McKadin and has already found the love of his life-Lilian. Lily lives a couple doors away and is in his class and they play every single day-just this last weekend he told her that he is going to marry her...so cute, right?  I honestly don't know what I did to deserve such a perfect little man (who still loves to cuddle with his mommy at night).
 
Kyle isn't much of a cake person, so he decided to have an ice cream sundae party instead. I had to be creative with my candle holders this year, but found out that oreos hold them perfectly.  


A boy after my own heart...chocolate and gummy bears, actually swirly gummy bears to be exact..
 
and her throughly enjoyed it, don't you just love his little chocolate mustache.

after kyle's party, it was lego building central-apparently everyone got the memo that Kyle loves anything lego...chima, power rangers, skylanders....justin has never been more thankful for Caleb and Josh-it look hours off his building party.

 
Makenna was only a few days post-op when we had Kyle's party, but was able to muster up enough energy to play with her LuLu and Madi-probably one of her most favorite people in the world. 

I love that Madison and Makenna's hair is almost the exact same color.

ok...one more thing I love about my little man-he is the best big brother any little girl could ask for, and she knows it.

1 comment:

paxtonfam said...

So glad Makenna's surgery went well. That dream sounded terrifying! We did have a great time in high scool. Wonderful memories!