Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Catch-up (Sept and Oct)

So I guess 2012 sort of got away from me. But in an effort to get a complete 2012 book printed I'm determined to do all my catch-up tonight. 
 
September
The kids were off track in September and we spent almost every waking moment after work playing outside. I cannot even tell you how many times Makenna dumped our ball bucket out. But her little bum sure looks adorable from behind.
 
Alexis had two goals she was determined to accomplish before school started again-learning to tie her shoes and to ride her bike without training wheels. OK, you can call me a bad parent because YES most 8 years old already know how to do both of these things. But for some reason we have hardly bought any shoes that needs to be tied for her and second-she has been scared to death about riding her bike by herself.  We literally practiced every night for at least 5 minutes, some nights we stopped practicing because she was frustrated and yelling at us, other nights she got so close. One day after work she tells Justin "I got this" and took off. You say the rest is history and she loves it!

Our cute little neighbor-Lilian spent more time at our house than her own house at night during September.  But don't tease Kyle about him having a "girlfriend" because he loves to play with her and her little brother John, but gets super embarrassed at the same time. I personally think she is the cutest thing ever.


Grandma Brenda got a new puppy that the kids named Oliver or Ollie and they are absolutely in LOVE with him.  Good thing too, because I have no intention of getting them their own dog anytime soon.

 
October
Makenna has definitely gotten her own little personality this year. She can be as cute as cute can be one minute and than the next have an attitude that will set the world on fire. Let's just say terrible two's don't even start to begin to explain it.  But thankfully her cute moments still outnumber the naughty moments (barely).   She did figure out how much fun playing dress-up could be-and has to put on EVERYTHING all at the same time. Don't you just love how she is rocking the cowgirl princess fairy costume right now.

I heard about this new place in Kaysville called Get Air, so Grandma Brenda and I took the kiddos and it was an absolute blast. Seriously the coolest place ever, even for adults.  My ankles may of killed the next day, but I had so much fun bouncing around with them. 

This little girl has no fear and figured out that the largest slide there was the funniest & did it over and over and over almost the entire time.  I mean look at that face, it pretty much says it all.

The kids picked out their Halloween costumes months in advance, which also meant we bought them months in advance. Kyle and Makenna were so excited that I let them put them on the weekend before Halloween-they had been so patient for months and I don't think either of them took them off that whole week leading up to Halloween. Sweet little Kyle even shared his ninja swords with Minnie Mouse. 
 
I love how cute and protective Kyle is with Makenna. He is honestly the best big brother ever.

We were a little bored while we were waiting for Kyle's kindergarten Halloween parade to start, and Makenna's silly side came out while playing with Daddy.
 
Alexis was a rock star zombie this year, and had the coolest 80's hair ever in the morning, but we were in such a rush I totally forgot to take any pictures and by the time she got home most of the "volume" was gone. But she still rocked out that night.

Shocking that Kyle wanted to be a ninja this year. Especially since his whole life revolves around Ninjago's all day everyday.  This could probably be the reason he has been begging me to put him in Karate classes. I may of made up a great excuse to get through the end of this year, but come January I think I finally have to give in.

and you can't forget my little Minnie Mouse. She LOVED trick or treating and basically ran to each new house.   I was so happy the weather was so nice, because we didn't have to bundle the kids up in coats and hide their cute costumes. 

No comments: