Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Catch-up (November)

and onto November
a couple years ago we went to Arizona for Thanksgiving and than spent 15 hours driving home in a blizzard. Justin and I were super worried about having another horrible drive home, but decided to chance it. So we visited Jared and Katie for Thanksgiving weekend.   I don't know how we got so lucky this time, but the weather was ahhhamazing. So amazing we took an evening hike up to Wagon Wheel and found this super cool waterfall.
 
Ethan usually hides from my camera, but this time he was totally cool with me taking pictures of him-as long as he was making bunny ears behind Alexis. I honestly think 99% of the pictures I have from this trip look like this. 

Kyle completely idolizes Ethan and never left his side. Don't you love their walking sticks-that are taller than Kyle. 

I couldn't resist getting a picture of Justin and I with the gorgeous Fall colors. 

Katie and I found the trick to getting an awesome family picture with happy kids. Don't tell them we are taking pictures, and don't get them dressed up. Yep, they will sit for you, pose for you and smile the entire time.   So not fair-such a cute impromptu family picture though. 

All of the cousins playing on this gigantic tree and had been chopped down.

The day after Thanksgiving we went down to the valley and soaked in the 88 degree weather. I was seriously in heaven.   We took the kids to Matuku's island-this super cool indoor playground with slides, climbing walls, trees and zip lines.   Somehow Justin got the camera so I had to traverse the crazy tree houses and nets and rope bridges with the kiddos.  I left that place with horrible bruises on my elbows and knees, but it was totally worth it. I even got high fives from Kenzie for being such a trooper. 

She was so proud of herself every time she'd make it to the top of one of the slides. I think this is the only picture I have of her holding still though-holy cow this little girl was just a ball full of energy. 


I realized that Makenna really has no fear AT ALL. Kyle on the other hand is the most scared and cautious little boy.  After about an hour of coaxing I got him to climb up this crazy treehouse maze with me to the top of the biggest twisty slide in the building. But once we got to the top he had another complete meltdown. I honestly spent over 25 minutes convincing him to go down the slide with me. My cute niece Ainsley went up and down the slide 4 times in the time it took me to get him to go once.  He was screaming and crying and hanging onto the nets for dear life. But I was not letting him leave until he went because I knew he would like it and I didn't want him to be afraid of heights and dark slides.  Wouldn't you know it after a little bribery (yes I had to buy him a new Wii game) he went down the slide, crying, but he went, and the instant we got to the bottom he had a smile on his face and ran to Justin and told him "that was the coolest slide ever". Silly kid.

All three sweaty boys after hours of fun running around.
 
 I honestly don't really know what Alexis was doing most of the time we were there because I was so busy chasing Kyle and Kenzie around. But I did manage to catch her for 15 seconds to get one picture of her taking a breather.
 
Guess where I found Justin escaping the chaos? Yep, the arcade connected to the treehouse. Good thing I love this boy.

After tiring all the kids out we when to the Tempe Marketplace for dinner. I totally love the Christmas tree and palm trees being in the same picture. Did I tell you how much I love Arizona-it's definitely where we need to move since I detest the snow and cold weather. I could handle 88 degrees in all winter long.
 
 So getting a fun Christmas picture of all the cousins sounded like a great idea. 

When in reality getting a picture where everyone was standing next to each other and smiling, not so easy.

I can always count on these two to smile for me. Two peas in a pod.

Ainsley is absolutely adorable. So completely jealous of those big brown eyes. 

We came home from Arizona to nasty, yucky, cold, snowy weather.  But at least I had an excuse to dress Makenna up in her cute new boots and hat.


I'm not really sure what got into Justin, but he got the crazy idea of putting our Christmas decorations up the day we got home from Arizona. I think he just wanted it up so we didn't have to worry about it. But still-didn't see that one coming. Makenna was our BIG helper and carried her two new best friends-booty shaking Santa and Ellie the Elf on the Shelf around the whole day. 

For some reason I found this little nativity scene so adorable. I asked Kyle to set up the nativity on the piano. I walked in to find them all lined up like this. I asked Kyle why he lined them all up rather than setting them up how we usually do, and he response was "because they look much neater and organized this way". Tu che little man-he might be taking after his momma a little too much.

Yes, bribery was involved in this picture. How else do you get all three kids to sit still for more than 20 seconds? And yes, we all LIVE in our jammies pretty much all weekend, every weekend. 
 

No comments: