Saturday, April 14, 2012

Just a little behind...but I'm catching up

I can't believe it's the middle of April and I'm just getting around to posting pictures from March.  The past 6 weeks have been pretty crazy for us. Alexis finally turned 8, I say finally because  She has been so excited for literally the past 364 days.  All she wanted for her birthday was Jigsaw Jones books, clothes (hello, I what happened to toys? how old is she?) and one more huge present that we'll get to in a minute. Oh and she wanted to pick out the clothes, not mom. While we were at Children's Place I overheard her say "Oh my gosh, I love it- it's so 80's"-I had no idea she even knew what the 80's was. Maybe I really do let her watch too many fashion shows on tv.


Alexis wanted a Harry Potter cake, so we found the coolest Lego set and Justin had the brilliant idea of putting the Lego's on kabob sticks to make it look like they are flying. It turned out so cute, and Alexis loved it!  




I have been promising Alexis (for a couple years now) that I would redecorate her room when she turned 8.  So this was her big present-we repainted the room in a really pretty aquamarine (this picture looks blue, but it really is a turquoise color).  Her only rule was that I had to let her help. While I was painting the other side of her room, this is what she was doing.  We still need to hang up pictures, so as soon as we do that this weekend I will have to take some new pictures.

A couple days after Kyle's birthday in February, I got an offer to join the Marketing team at BasicGrey. I was beyond thrilled. But it was also a huge change for me. I have worked at ABC4 for almost 11 years, basically my entire adult life.  Those first few days after I gave notice I really had a ton of mixed of emotions, had a lot of anxiety trying to figure out how to train everyone, and guilty because there was a huge traffic conversion going on and I was basically leaving right at the busiest time.  I knew with all my heart that I was supposed to take this job, and it has been the best decision I've ever made.  Alexis was probably even more excited for me than anyone and took this picture the day I told her. 


Alexis and I tried to go up to the Bountiful temple to take her 8 year old pictures, but the grounds were closed. We decided to drive around the neighborhood and found the best look-out spot with the temple in the background and a super cute waterfall. I love how beautiful Alexis looks. It's still a little surreal that my baby is 8 years old and I am really posting her baptism pictures. 





March was definitely super busy and one of the other big changes was that Makenna got her big girl bed. She has done great in it, but now she can get out of it, so most of her naps are now taken on the couch. I just love that her chubby cheeks still haven't gone away and she's 19 months old.

The week after Alexis' birthday we met Katie and her kids in St. George for the weekend. It was a super quick trip, but we had a ton of fun with them.  Kyle pretty much hung onto Ethan the entire time we were together.  The boys loved the Blue Angels air show, they thought the airplanes were super loud, but way cool. My kids absolutely adore their cousins, I just wish we lived closer so it wasn't so hard to see them. 

Katie has really become one of my best friends over the past few years and is truly like the sister I never had growing up. She knows exactly how to make me laugh and gives me the best advice, plus she loves to shop as much as I do-which is not a good combination for Justin and Jared's checkbook when we get together. Two girls with no will power...oy vay

Now onto April...

No comments: