Friday, May 13, 2011

a month too late

You can definitely tell that April was a busy month for me at work (mostly handling a huge database catastrophe that forced me to work 14-18 hours a day for almost three straight weeks-I guess when TV is 24/7, someone has to make sure there isn't a lag and lucky for me I'm that person).  I went to download my pictures and there was about an eighth of what I normally take in a month.  Thankfully life has calmed down, if you can call my crazy life calm.  Since I use my blog as my "family scrapbook" and print it out at the end of each year I feel like I at least have to put some pictures on here from April. 

Makenna learned how to wave and does it all the time, and she started to say Dada

She also learned how to crawl/scoot (most of the time she only went backwards, which frustrated her to no end), but she also learned what the word "No" means...

...and how to throw a proper lip quivering, fling yourself backwards onto the ground and cry- tantrum. I think I'm in for it with her-the drama is already starting.

I tried and tried to talk Alexis out of dying eggs because I was so busy, but since I forgot to last year there was no way she was going to let me this year. 

On Easter Alexis got a baseball mit, that she has been begging for. She can't wait to play softball next season.

The Easter Bunny was pretty smart and brought Kyle one too, so he can play with his sister. I'm sure once Alexis starts playing Kyle will want to as well.

You're going to laugh, but I have had these scooters sitting in my storage since like October. They were supposed to be Christmas presents, but I decided they had too much stuff so I was going to keep them until next Christmas. The more I thought about it I decided to just give them to for Easter because what's the point of giving you a scooter in the middle of winter? Can we say spoiled?

On Easter we had my brother and my Dad's families over for dinner and and the kids had an egg hunt in our backyard. Kyle was so proud of himself for finding this egg, it was all he wanted. I told him to keep looking for more eggs and he said "Nah, I'm fine, I only need one egg, the other kids can have the rest".  Talk about the most unselfish little boy I've ever met. 

 After a little coercing we talked him into looking for more eggs. The only problem with that is Kyle hates the grass and completely freaks out if he has to step on it, even with shoes on. Can you see how tense he is and Justin is practically holding him up because Kyle won't put any weight on his feet while there is grass below him.  We have literally had crying fits over trying to get him to touch grass, you would think that it's hot lava or something for the way he freaks out.  If you have any ideas on how to get him to not be so scared I would love to hear them because everything we have tired obviously hasn't worked. 

I took a few days off work this week to recharge and I am so glad I did, because it's been so nice being able to take walks and pick up Alexis, work in the yard, read "Something Borrowed" in three days-I was determined to read it before Justin and I go see it tomorrow, oh and start my awesome farmer tan (yeah, I sort of am not in the sunscreen mode yet since it's been so freaking cold here). But that's ok I have loved every minute of it and so has my camera.

No comments: