Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rainy Weekend Getaway

I have come to the conclusion that as much as I love planning things out, I honestly think I have more "spontaneous" bones in my body than "planning" bones.  I decided Thursday afternoon that I needed a break, just some time to get away, some fresh air, and a change from my everyday routine. So Friday afternoon the I packed the car up, got the kids and went to St. George with my mom for the weekend (Justin was on call, so he had to stay home). I believe with all my heart that this little getaway was exactly what I needed. What I needed to feel better, to get out of my rut, and to just have some fun with my family that I haven't seen in such a long time.

(I just noticed how long Kyle's hair is, I think he's trying to pull a Pauly D (a guy from Jersey Shore on MTV-in case you were wondering), trust me he has shorter hair now, Justin can't stand to let his hair grow out)

When I first decided to go to St. George I thought it would be fun to just take Alexis, but the more I thought about it I started to feel really bad about leaving Kyle at home, and the final string was when he saw me packing our suitcases, and he went to grab his and just kept saying "I go to".  I'm such a sucker-that was all it took, and I ended up taking Kyle with me this weekend and I was so glad I did. Alexis and Kyle were both sooo good-I couldn't believe it. I just kept thinking, why aren't you guys this happy when we are at home on the weekend.


The weather was pretty crappy and rainy, but it was so warm, warm meaning 55, but hey its warmer than the 30 degrees up here. I loved it. We went to Jumpin Jacks on Saturday with Nat and Brandon and their girls (its one of those places that has huge blow up toys and slides to play on) and then we went to Red Robin for lunch and just visited for a long time. I was so exhausted after lunch so we went back and took a nap and then spent the rest of the night at Nat's house playing Wii (Boom Bloks has to be the most addicting game ever) and a couple killer rounds of Uno Moo with the kids, which might just be the cutest kid game ever.

(Can you tell they were exhausted from playing so hard at Jumpin Jacks? I love the rosy cheeks)



(Kyle loved playing with Uncle Craig's helmet, and if you can't tell he's hands are revving up the motorcycle, and his foot is pushing the gears-uh oh...I think he may have picked up the Boulter racing gene)

(such torture getting three 4 and 5 year olds to smile at the same time)

It rained all night on Saturday so we decided to leave earlier on Sunday, just so we didn't get stuck driving home in a blizzard in the dark. We woke up on Sunday and just our luck it was perfect blue skies and we totally could have gone stayed and played at the park the whole day. But I still just wanted to get home just in case the weather turned on us.  I drove all the way home and we got back to Salt Lake in less than 4 hours, and we had bad weather from Cedar to Scipio. Don't ask me how I made it so quickly, because I was being super careful and driving a lot slower than normal. My mom read almost an entire book while I drove through blue skies, rain, sleet, wind, snow, blizzard, every imaginable type of storm, my hands were gripped pretty tightly the whole time. But when we hit Nephi the skies were blue again and the weather was really nice, looks like I out drove the storm. 

One of the best parts of the trip was Kyle showing not just some, but a ton of interest in going potty. I only changed one pull-up the entire time we were in St. George. It was wonderful.  We bought him a Spiderman costume that he only gets to wear after he goes potty and shockingly it has worked.   Hopefully in a few weeks he will be completely out of pull-ups and I can have a few months without diapers. Oh, how nice would that be.


We had an ultrasound a couple weeks ago and everything looks great. Plus I found out that there is practically no chance that I can give this baby CMV, so as long as I can stay healthy, and keep my blood pressure under control, we should be able to push this pregnancy to at least 37 weeks. I'm due August 20th, but we are shooting for July 30th, which will be 37 weeks.  Alexis was 3.5 weeks early and Kyle was 8 weeks early, so due dates really don't mean much to me, as long as he is a healthy little one.  Oh, and yes I said HE.  It was pretty early to find out, but this little ultrasound is pretty obvious.  I have another one on March 1st just to confirm, and it will be a huge surprise if this little boy isn't still a little boy.   I am honestly ok with either a girl or a boy, because I would love for Alexis to have a sister, but since Kyle is going to be closer in age, it will really fun for him to have a little buddy too. 

I'm going to try and take more pictures of me pregnant this time, or have more pictures of me taken, since this is the last time I'll ever be pregnant.  Here's my little 12 week baby bump, doesn't look like much in the pictures, but man, I sure feel bigger than this.


I would say that over all my plan worked. I only had to take one nausea pill on Saturday at like 7am and I didn't need another one until Sunday at 11am, and I really only took that so I wouldn't get sick on the drive home. This morning I was a little nauseous, but not too bad. In fact I just ate pizza and now I'm having cinnamon bears. Nutritious, right? I really, really think that I just needed some fresh air and to have a break for a couple of days. I'm 13 weeks now, so I'm hoping and praying and crossing my fingers that I'm pretty much done with this sick part. I have slept so good all weekend and that hasn't happened in a while, so maybe that's helping me feel better too. Funny how the last few days have been nice weather and how good I've felt. I have you ever heard of S.A.D, seasonal affect disorder? I seriously think this year and last year I've developed S.A.D. Basically its when you are deprived of natural light and the ability to go out side in the fresh air, your body sort of goes into depressed/hibernating mode and you just feel like your in a rut all the time. I honestly believe that I have it because all I have wanted to do since November is have a nice sunny day that I can go outside and open my windows. Plus on top the whole baby thing it was even worse this year. Hopefully we don't have too many snow storms left this year, because I so desperately want it to be Spring.

Sorry this is such a long blog entry, but its been a really long time since I felt good enough to download pictures and put them up on this blog. Here are just a few more fun pictures that I found today.
One of Alexis' many bed jumping experiments lately. This whole cheerleading obsession has given her so much energy and pep (is that even a real word), and she has gotten super buff arms and a super skinny waist from all the extra exercise. But shhhh, the whole jumping on the bed thing is our secret, because Daddy won't let her jump on the bed, so she can only do it when he's not home. Aren't I such a good mom? Don't worry, she loves to tattle on herself, about every little thing, so really he does know and he gives me the evil eye everytime she says anything.

I just can't enough of little Sophie, she is so precious and we all just love her to pieces. Leave it to Ty to decorate her head with something totally random and hide her cute little fauxhawk.

These two little superheros have become best buddies lately, and are pretty much inseperable when they are together. Kyle loves playing with McKadin everyday and thanks to McKadin he loves dressing up and killing bad guys, the true boyness of Kyle is finally coming out.
See-here's his Buzz lightyear costume.

and his Power Ranger costume (acutally its Macky's but Kyle doesn't care). Now all I need is a picture of him in Macky's Batman costume.  I swear these two little boys must change outfits 10 times a day, depending on which bad guy they are killing, it wears me out just watching them. 

Oh and just one more random picture. This is what happens when you put Justin and Tyler in charge of pictures on Christmas Eve. Instead of getting pictures of the kids opening presents I got pictures of them taking pictures of each other and all other sorts random things. They're fired!!! 

1 comment:

paxtonfam said...

Looks like your little man had a great birthday! I'm glad you were able to 'get away' for the weekend. That is exactly what I need! You'll never guess who I ran into last night at GameStop. TYLER!! I wanted to talk to him for longer, but he was in a hurry to get dinner for his family. I guess he's my neighbor now! Literally, he lives less than 1 mile from me from the sounds of his address. You're going to have to stop by next time your hanging at his house. It would be so awesome to see you again! If I was that excited to see your brother, then I bet I'd even be triple as excited to see you !!