Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Afternoon

This afternoon I was tired of being cooped up in the house, so I decided it was time for a little Fall photoshoot with my kids. I seem to never take them out to do an actual shoot because I am so busy taking pictures of other families. But I am so glad we did, and I found the most amazing little field about 10 miles away from my house. LOVE IT.
*
Kyle fell asleep on the way up the canyon, so he wasn't in the most picture happy mood, but Alexis on the other hand was definitely ready to cheese' it up for the camera.


(I told you Kyle wasn't too interested in taking pictures with Alexis)
*
The only way I could make him even look at the camera was to have him pretend to be Buzz. Thank goodness for an incredibly fast shutter, at least I got a couple fun ones of Kyle.

Now Alexis on the other hand, I couldn't believe how many not just good, but amazing pictures I got of her.
*
This would be Alexis thinking about what poses would look good-seriously-I'm going to give a little disclosure statement here-I have no idea where my daughter comes up with the poses she does, after five years I think I've come to the conclusion that she was born with these crazy poses in her head!!!

*
Now this picture might just be one of my favorite pictures ever. I love pretty much everything about this picture, the softness in her face, the lighting, the colors, the pose...pretty much everything. Now if I could just decide if I like the color or sepia version best. What do you think?

I love living so close to the mountains, you can't beat a Sunday afternoon hike, fall weather and an impromptu photoshoot. Hopefully next time Justin is feeling good enough to go with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little character you have on your hands!! Cute cute.

Willingham"s said...

i like the sepia better out of the 2