Friday, January 23, 2009

Resolution #1-Finished


I have been taking a photography class the past few months, and today is my last day. One of my big resolutions from last year and this year was to learn how to use my camera and to take a photography class or two or three to be able to capture my families everyday moments and to be able to document our lives so my kids will look through our albums and scrapbooks one day and know how much they were loved.
I haven't downloaded pictures off my camera for a while and I was pleasantly surprised to find what I did. I think I actually know what I'm doing now, and the best part is I get it-ISO, Apeture, Shutter Speed, Exposure, Rules of Composition... They aren't a foreign language to me anymore and I've completely gotten out of AUTO mode and will never go back. If you have a DSLR, Apeture Priority mode is the only way to go. Now I just have to talk Justin into letting me buy a new lens.



I finally figured out how to adjust my aperture and keep it set correctly with a zoom lens. Love the blurred background in pictures, actually I think this is my favorite technique.




Profiles are probably my second favorite shot, I especially love profiles shots of Kyle because you can see his chubby cheeks.


This is the longest Kyle's hair has every been and it was driving me crazy. I talked Justin into cutting it this last week, so he has short spikey hair again.


This is Kyle pretending to be cookie monster.


I love how shiny her hair is in this picture, I can't believe how dark it is going. She is definitely not a toe-head like her mom was.


Have I ever mentioned that Alexis' favorite thing to do is sing, dance and pose. Seriously, I can't get a good picture of her without getting at least one or two of her striking a pose.


See what I mean. Now that American Idol is back on, she is big into singing while she dances now. In fact she was playing American Idol with her Cinderella, Snow White and Jasmine dolls yesterday. She even found a little boy doll that was Simon-accent and all.



I'm taking is a Photoshop class next, I can't wait to start using actions in my photos. The fun part will be having to kick Justin off W.O.W. so I can use the computer. I'm probably going to end up having to buy a new computer just for me to use. (jk, not really).

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

such cute photos of your kiddos! and i envy you for "getting" all the iso, aperature, shutter speed stuff ... it has never clicked with me. lol! i actually took an online photography class for 8 weeks ... maybe it would help if i read the 3 inches of lessons i printed!