Wednesday, May 30, 2012

just can't get enough of...

I realized I had not touched any of my May pictures and still had some from April...YIKES! It was driving me nuts-there is now way I could go to bed until they were all edited and upload to Costco to pick up on Friday, and of course on our blog. My favorite part of finding pictures I forgot about was finding some hidden treasures, like these:
Makenna has gotten the cutest little personality the last few weeks, and just talks up a storm.  She has also hit those terrible twos a little early. I walked out of the room for a minute and came back to find all of her cereal EVERYWHERE. But then she looks at me and scrunches her shoulders and says "oopsie", now how can you be mad at that?
She has also got the whole "cheese" thing down when my camera comes out.  But my absolute favorite is when you say anything to her "Kenzie you're cute, or Kenzie your momma's baby"...her answer is always "i know, i know"
Alexis started softball, but after a few games, she was so sweet, and honest with me and Justin and told us that she really didn't want to play softball anymore. We made sure she knew how happy we were that she decided to try something new. As soon as she got the courage up to tell us, she promptly told us that she thinks her heart belongs on the stage and made me promise that I will let her do Up With Kids again and voice lessons.

Apparently looking at bugs was more interesting than the rest of the game.
 
In April we had a fun afternoon at the park for Sophie's birthday.  

these girlie's love their grandma-who wouldn't love someone that will play for hours on the toys with them?

for some reason these boys wanted nothing to do with singing Happy Birthday to Sophie-those little stinkers...I have a feeling they were just mad that we interrupted their ninja game. 

Everyone else was more than happy to sing and devour the cupcakes and chocolate strawberries.

 After the yummy desserts, Owen decided it was time to tackle Ty, and I think he almost did.

I've been so busy doing photoshoots over the past couple of months, but I've loved every minute of it. I have a lot of sessions and design work planned for the next few weeks and I can't wait!

Alexis has been on a baking kick lately-probably because she knows they all get to lick the bowl when we are finished.

No one ever said letting a toddler learn how to feed herself is easy-or clean-especially not with spaghettios. Oh and yes-she still has a bottle. We have good days and then 6 horrible days where she wants nothing to do with sippy cups. I think we only have like 3 bottles left, thank goodness! I've pretty much given up, that fiestiness in her won, for now. I'm determined that our bottles will be gone by her birthday-wish me luck.

Alexis has grown up so much over the last year. She loves to do pretty much everything with me, including coming on photoshoots to make the kids laugh, carry bags and ...

babysit the little ones while their Mom and Dad are getting their pictures taken. 

Last Fall we had an absolutely awful wind storm that completely tore our trampoline net apart. I was a little hesitant to let the kids play on it this year without the safety net, but I realized that accidents happen and I never had a net growing up-let kids be kids and just have fun with them.
 I love this smile
and that hair



 One more thing I can't get enough of these days are these little curls.

1 comment:

paxtonfam said...

Cute, cute family!