Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fun Stuff

It must just be that time of the year, the time of the year when you feel like time is in fast forward...Too much to do and not even close to enough time.  In addition to work, school, family parties, decorating, etc...Justin also had knee surgery on Tuesday. So I truly know what it's like to be a single parent this week-having him completely laid up and not able to really help me do anything has been-let's just say-exhausting. 

This morning I was downloading pics from the camera I keep in my purse and found this cute one of me and Katie from Black Friday.  I just love this girl, she has truly become the sister I never had growing up.

This is me and Alexis in Arizona going to see "Tangled" (which is the cutest Disney movie ever).

Last Saturday I got up early to get all our Christmas decorations out and Alexis was sooo excited when she woke up and the tree was ready to decorate.  This girl might just love holidays more than anyone I have ever met. We are keeping it simple this year, and keeping the decorations down to the tree and a couple things for our front room. I just didn't want to mess with everything else this year, maybe next year.

She wore this tree skirt has a shawl for hours, pretending she was Mrs. Santa Claus.

Kyle could really care less about the tree, but he loved the Darth Vader ornament I bought for him this year. So instead of hanging the ornament on the real tree Kyle decided he was going to be a tree and that way he could keep Darth Vader with him. 

Makenna was just in awe of the lights and can be found most nights staring at it just like this.

I let Alexis go to town hanging all the ornaments, when she was finished more that 75% of them were on the lower third of the tree. I just thought it was so cute how close to the ground these little guys were. Needless to say I had to do a little redecorating so the top part of the tree had a little love too.

and this would be how Alexis can be found most nights, just staring at the tree lights.

In the midst of all the Christmas decorating I also decided to give Makenna a little rice cereal for the first time.  She was not too excited about this, but now just a week later she loves it. The best part is, she has slept through the night since then, so I guess my instincts were right in thinking that her formula just wasn't fillng her up anymore.

We also had a little crafting christmas party with the Brewer's that was a lot of fun.  Kyle pretty much just wanted to watch Shrek the Halls and eat his candy necklace I made for him.

but Alexis loved being able to paint some fun new ornaments for our tree-I'm was pretty impressed with how good her nutcracker turned out.

I once again have a ton of stuff planned for this week, including the Boulter family party at my house next Saturday, I trip to Temple Square, writing Santa Letters, decorating Alexis' gingerbread house, and finishing up my Christmas presents. Good thing I have a girls day planned with Ricki-a little down time at the spa, shopping and yummy food-sounds like the perfect way to start off another crazy week.

No comments: